A few more notes about St. Jacobs Candles Company's 100% Soy wax candles.
- We use HTP wicks (high tensile paper) . This is a flat cotton wick interwoven with paper fibers for increased rigidity. A well-rounded wick that combines the structural strength of a paper core wick with the performance and even burn of a flat wick. . The result is a cleaner burning, self-trimming wick with additional structural strength, controlled curling and a hotter, more efficient flame. Our wicks are lead and zinc free.
- We only use highest quality fragrance oils-no parabens or pthalates used,
- No dyes are used.
Comes in a reusable glass jar that is also refundable at "The Bath Market".
The top three benefits of our 100% Soy wax candles are:
- Cleaner Burn- Soy Wax does not release toxins, carcinogens or pollutants. Its also less likely to trigger allergies. It has no petrol-carbon soot that you would get from paraffin candles.
- Cooler Burn that is longer lasting- Since Soy Wax burns candles burn cooler they will outlast paraffin candles by 30-50%
- Biodegradable- Soy candles are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable and water soluble making melted wax easier to clean.
First burn- The key to a successful soy candle experience is to ensure your first burn is done correctly. This will prevent "tunneling" and your wick snuffing out. First burn must last until wax has melted and created a pool that spans the diameter of the jar. This can take 2-3 hours.
Successive burns- Trim wick to 1/4" before lighting and only burn for 2-3 hours at a time. Let the wax harden before lighting again. Please read our Candle Care & Safety Blog..