1) BP SHAMPOO BARS ARE BOTTLE FREE!
The number one reason to make the switch to BP Shampoo Bars is that they are bottle free, so they are much better for the environment than their plastic laden alternatives!
For the frightening impact of plastic bottles on the environment please see passage below, with credit to https://www.safebottles.co.nz/plastics-and-the-environment/
- 700 years before plastic bottles start to decompose,1000 years to fully decompose
- Approximately 86% of plastic bottles aren’t recycled in USA
- Approximately 1500 bottles end up in land fills and the ocean…….every second
- 60 million plastic water bottles are used each day in the US alone, 30 Million in Europe, more than 100 million world wide every day
- It takes 3-5 litres of water to make 1 plastic bottle
- Plastic bottles are a petroleum product and use 151 billion litres of oil to produce each year. That’s enough to run 500,000 cars per year.
- 2,500,000 tons of carbon dioxide was produced manufacturing plastic bottles each year
- United Nations Environment Programme estimates that in every single square mile of the sea, there’s 46,000 pieces of plastic floating – worldwide
- Algalita Marine Research foundation recently did a study of 660 fish that shows on average each fish contained more than 2 pieces of plastic. One fish had 26 particles
- There’s an area estimated to be the size of Texas (some say twice the size) in the Pacific Ocean known as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch that is a swirling mass of plastic trash
- Many researches and environmental organisations list plastic and the number one threat to our marine environment
- Each year millions of birds, mammals and fish die from plastic because they either eat it or get caught in it
2) BP SHAMPOO BARS ARE IDEAL FOR TRAVEL!
- Shampoo Bars do not violate liquid restrictions of carry-on requirements
- Shampoo Bars have zero potential for spilling
- Shampoo Bars are light and wont impact your luggage weight restrictions
Travel in style and use the Shampoo you love every time you shower away from home. Makes sense whether you are traveling to a hotel, a relative’s home, or even camping.
3) BP SHAMPOO BARS PACK A POWERFUL PUNCH!
BP’s Shampoo Bars are concentrated 2.5 ounce pucks that pack a punch and can give you up to 50-75 washes (depending on lather desired), saving landfill sites 2 to 3 bottles. Great things come in small packages!
How do our Shampoo Bars do the work of several big bottles? We do not waste space with water! The number one ingredient in bottles shampoo is water. We figure that you can add this more efficiently when showering!
4) BP SHAMPOO BARS ARE SPACE SAVERS!
Say NO to clutter! Ditch the shampoo bottles that take up so much space in your bathroom.
5) SHAMPOO BARS OFFER A LOWER CARBON FOOTPRINT!
Lightweight and compact, a 2.5 ounce bar that does the work of at least two 300 ml shampoo bottles. Think of the transportation energy use avoided during the distribution process.
6) WHAT’S IN YOUR BOTTLE??
BP Shampoo Bars do not have Parabens, SLS or Phthalates . The dangers of these are outlined below by https://thewellnesswayclinics.com
- a) Parabens-These preservatives are also endocrine disruptors. When these nasty chemicals get into your body they mimic the body’s natural estrogen. Huh- wonder what impact that has on a girl’s body? Or a boy’s? It’s not good for anyone and can lead to higher risk of breast cancer for women. A U.C. Berkeley study, found that parabens were associated with cancer and also found that when the parabens were in the tissue of women with breast cancer that it could lead to faster, more aggressive tumors.
- b) Sodium lauryl sulfate-Also known as SLS, and its cousin SLES, can be found in soaps, shampoos and toothpaste to help them to “foam up.” They are chemically known as surfactants. SLES cannot be metabolized by the liver, allowing the effects to be longer lasting.What most concerns us about these chemicals is during manufacturing the product can be contaminated with the biproduct 1,4-Dioxane. That carcinogen shows up again!
- c) Phthalates -Phthalates are another endocrine disruptor that are found in shampoos and other personal care products. Animal studies have linked these plasticizing agents to early puberty, interfering with the hormone system, interferes with male reproductive development, low testosterone, and low sperm count. Hormones make up so much of who we are- we do not need anything messing with them!
7) BP SHAMPOO BARS WILL LEAVE YOUR HAIR LOOKING HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL AND CLEAN
Last but not least, is the way BP will leave your hair looking, feeling and smelling! After a significant amount of time and money during testing, Botanical Propaganda Bath, Body & Wellness has come up with a trio of Shampoo Bars that we are very proud to offer:
REVIVE-Lavender and Peppermint Essential Oil
SATSUMA- Argan Oil and Coconut Oil
EARTH-Tea Tree Oil, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil & Eucalyptus Spearmint